My name is Stephanie. It’s nice to meet you ❤
I’m a 25-year-old magazine journalist, holistic nutrition student, runner & lover of beautiful food. I have a penchant for healthy cooking, nature hikes and foreign languages. I started this blog in 2009 after a trip to Santorini inspired me to adopt a Mediterranean approach to diet and lifestyle. Fast-forward four years and three continents and S☀S has grown to become a place where I curate and share my favorite recipes, workouts and adventures.
You can expect to find recipes based on my interpretation of some of the healthiest cuisines in the world: the luscious oils of the sun-soaked Mediterranean and the preventative approach to holistic living I so admired in Asia. I cook with the freshest produce I can find; nutty whole grains; healthy fats and I get most of my protein from legumes, soy and the occasional seafood treat. This isn’t a ‘diet’ blog. I believe that an active lifestyle featuring daily exercise and fresh, beautiful meals is the healthiest way to be.
I love getting to know the blogger behind the blog, so you can also expect to find posts about my daily adventures abroad and in Boston, where I’m currently living with my boyfriend R, little Luna the bengal/tabby, and Triton & Archimedes the hermit crabs. Our apartment can only be described as a Disney greenhouse — it’s bursting with fresh flowers and happy creatures!
When I’m not studying, I’m busy working at a tea company, where I love to host events (read: tea parties) and write about the magical health benefits of tea. I’m known as the Matcha Mermaid because of my love for the magical green stuff ^~ Want to learn more? I teach a tea class every week, so if you’re living in Boston and would like to attend, do shoot me a message!
I love: fairytales, pearls, hounds and champagne truffles. I also love riding bareback, and the way silvery sand feels between your toes. I make ✰wishes✰ at every opportunity. I find squawky seagulls charming, the ocean inspiring, and seashells magical.
I would live in a sandcastle if I could.
My last name means “of the sea,” and I’ve always been drawn to the tide. When I was a little girl I liked to think that my ancestors were mermaids.
More, in a nutshell:
- I am at my happiest by the ocean or in the saddle.
- I am an animal lover, but absolutely 100% a “dog person.”
- I think God and Buddha are best buds.
- I love Matcha; a powdered green Japanese tea. I have 2-3 a day and never get sick!
- If I had to eat one food for the rest of my life, it would be grapes.
- Pearls are my favorite. I love them to excess.
- I love matcha lattes, yoohoos and champagne the best
- I have a delicious, ridiculous tea
- I have a lucky knack for finding four-leaf clovers
- I am obsessed with writing lists.
- Anemones are my favorite flowers. Peonies are a close second.
- My decorating style is half art gallery, half greenhouse
- I’d rather run five miles than do five burpees :\
- My favorite colours are grey, turquoise and sparkle (25-going-on-12)
- Rose gold. Rose gold. Rose gold.
- I collect shells, feathers and ribbons and weave dreamcatchers ☽
- I feel “unfinished” without french polish on my toes
- I have way too many purses. And pairs of shoes.
- I can quote “The Princess Bride” opening-to-credit
- I loved succulents before they were cool ^~